The Computed Tomography based Angiography of upper limbs is an imaging procedure in which the rotating beams of X-rays are used after injection of a contrast material to create a detailed image of the blood vessels and blood flow patterns in the upper limbs or arms to help detect and diagnose blood vessel disorders and blockages, if any.
Why Get Tested
- To evaluate any physical trauma or injury to the upper lim;
- To evaluate any weak points in blood vessels or aneurys;
- To check for blockages in blood vessels due to plaque deposition or blood clot formatio;
- To detect the presence of any abnormal blood vessel;
- To diagnose the presence of any tumors (abnormal growth) and blood supply to tumor;
- To diagnose any congenital abnormalities of the circulatory syste;
- To plan and to check the efficacy of treatments for blockages including stents and grafts
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Hamdard Imaging Centre
Hamdard Imaging centre has been established with a vision to provide latest and advanced technology for everyone at an affordable cost without compromising on quality and care .We strive to upgradeRead More