CECT (Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography) Scan is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of the hip joint which are then used to create a three dimensional image of the hip joint. This image can be used to visibly assess and detect problems in the joint and surrounding tissues.
Why Get Tested
- To detect fractures of the bones forming the hip join;
- To diagnose any osteoarthritis or dislocation of the hip join;
- To detect infections or inflammation of the hip join;
- To diagnose any infections of the tendons and ligaments supporting the hip join;
- To detect the presence of tumors (abnormal growths) or other masses in the area of hip joint
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Hamdard Imaging Centre
Hamdard Imaging centre has been established with a vision to provide latest and advanced technology for everyone at an affordable cost without compromising on quality and care .We strive to upgradeRead More