Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Rubella Virus - IgG
The IgG Rubella test is ordered if you are pregnant and have signs or symptoms which may indicate rubella infection like fever, rashes, inflamed eyes, aching joints etc. It may be ordered when a new born is born with birth defects such as hearing loss, heart defects or cataracts.
Why Get Tested
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- When a pregnant women has signs and symptoms suggestive of rubella infection like mild fever, rash on the face and body, stuffy nose, red eyes, aching joints, swollen lymph nodes
- It is ordered in a newborn when mother was diagnosed with rubella infection during pregnancy
- No special preparation required
What Results of Rubella Virus - IgG mean?
- Positive Rubella IgG in adults usually indicates prior infection or vaccination with the virus
- Positive IgG in a newborn usually signifies that mother has passed the antibodies to baby during pregnancy
- Negative Rubella IgG along with IgM means no current or prior infection with the virus
The PNDT registered Genetic Laboratory & Genetic Counselling center at DNA Xperts is the first of its kind center in East Delhi to offer Genetic Testing & Genetic Counselling services. Genetic counseling is the process of determining the risk you have of passing on an inheritable genetic disease to your baby and hence is advised before or during pregnancy for couples.