The KUB NCCT Scan is the Non Contrast Computerized Tomography Scan of the Kidneys Ureter Bladder. It is a diagnostic procedure where rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of the upper urinary tract, namely kidneys, ureters, and urinary bladder, which can then be used to form a three dimensional image of these organs to detect and diagnose various disorders.
Why Get Tested
- To diagnose the obstructions in the upper urinary tract like stones in the kidneys or bladde;
- To detect presence of tumors (abnormal growth) in the kidneys or bladde;
- To detect infections or inflammations in the upper urinary trac;
- To detect lesions or abscesses in the kidney;
- To detect and diagnose conditions affecting renal structure and functionin;
- To guide diagnostic procedures like biopsy or treatment procedures like kidney transplan;
- To assess the efficacy of a kidney transplant
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Center
Vcare was inaugurated on 13th of February, 2013 by the Honorable Mayor of Mumbai - Mr. Sunil Prabhu. Vcare Imaging and Diagnostic center is part of Sawant Life Care Hospital Pvt. Ltd. Vcare Imaging &Read More