The High Resolution Computed Tomography or HRCT scan of the Temporal Bone is an imaging procedure that uses narrow beams of X-rays to create a high resolution image of the structures of the middle and inner ears to assess their normal structure and identify any problems associated with them.
Why Get Tested
- To assess the structures of the middle and inner ears and to diagnose the clinical conditions affecting them and direct treatment procedures
- To diagnose the cause of clinical conditions like hearing loss, pulsatile tinnitus
- To diagnose clinical conditions like external auditory canal atresia, middle ear inflammation/cholesteatoma, temporal bone trauma and vascular tympanic membrane
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Center
Vcare was inaugurated on 13th of February, 2013 by the Honorable Mayor of Mumbai - Mr. Sunil Prabhu. Vcare Imaging and Diagnostic center is part of Sawant Life Care Hospital Pvt. Ltd. Vcare Imaging &Read More