What is HRCT CHEST - Contrast?
The High Resolution Computed Tomography (HRCT) scan of the chest is an imaging procedure that uses narrow beams of X-rays to create a high resolution image of the lung anatomy after a gaseous contrast material is inhaled. These images are assessed to see the lung anatomy and airflow patterns to detect and diagnose any pathological conditions.
Preparation for HRCT CHEST - Contrast
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
- Get the blood urea and creatinine test done to evaluate kidney function and to ensure safety of contrast before taking up the procedure.
Why Get Tested for HRCT CHEST - Contrast?
- To assess the function of the lungs and the risk of development of diffuse lung disease
- To detect presence of any abnormal growth in the lungs
- To detect obstructions to airflow in the lungs
- To identify the location to perform lung biopsy if needed
Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Center
Kandivali East, MUMBAI
Vcare was inaugurated on 13th of February, 2013 by the Honorable Mayor of Mumbai - Mr. Sunil Prabhu. Vcare Imaging and Diagnostic center is part of Sawant Life Care Hospital Pvt. Ltd. Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Centre is an ultramodern Diagnostic and Imaging Medical Centre located in Kandivali, Mumbai. Our Doctors, have special expertise and exhaustive in-depth experience in MRI and CT. They bring a combined experience of more than 20 years of clinical practice.