The CT Scan or Computerized Tomography Scan is a diagnostic procedure in which the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of the wrist which can then be used to create a three dimensional image of the hand and wrist. This image can be used to visualise the bones, joints and the surrounding soft tissues of the wrist.
Why Get Tested
- To detect the fractures of the bones of the wrist joint not visible on a simple X-ra;
- To detect the cause of any unexplained pain in the wrist join;
- To detect any infection, injury or inflammation of the soft tissues like the muscle, the tendons and ligaments of the wris;
- To diagnose any suspected infection, osteoporosis, deformities or abnormal growth of the bones and arthritis (inflammation of the joints;
- To guide and monitor biopsy or the operative procedures of this joint
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Center
Vcare was inaugurated on 13th of February, 2013 by the Honorable Mayor of Mumbai - Mr. Sunil Prabhu. Vcare Imaging and Diagnostic center is part of Sawant Life Care Hospital Pvt. Ltd. Vcare Imaging &Read More