The Computed Tomography (CT) Cisternography is an imaging procedure where rotating beams of X-rays are used to create a detailed image of the head and brain before and after injection of a contrast material to check for the presence and location of the leakage of cerebrospinal fluid.
Why Get Tested
- To confirm the CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) leakag;
- To determine the position of the leak;
- To guide any treatment procedure;
- To diagnose CSF Rhinorrhoea, where the CSF leaks into the sinuses surrounding the nasal region;
- To diagnose CSF Otorrhoea, where the CSF leaks into the middle or inner ear cavities
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Center
Vcare was inaugurated on 13th of February, 2013 by the Honorable Mayor of Mumbai - Mr. Sunil Prabhu. Vcare Imaging and Diagnostic center is part of Sawant Life Care Hospital Pvt. Ltd. Vcare Imaging &Read More