The CT Angiography right upper limb is an imaging procedure in which the rotating beams of X-rays are used after injection of a contrast material to create a detailed image of the arteries that carry blood to the hand. In this test a small catheter is threaded into the hand and radiocontrast material is injected into the hand vein and the final X-ray image is viewed on a video screen.
Why Get Tested
- To diagnose narrowed blood vessel or blocked arteries of the wrist, arm, upper arm, shoulder and injured blood vessels of the hand
- To detect any peripheral artery disease (PAD) which results in narrowed or blockage in the peripheral arteries of your leg (claudication)
- To find out takayasu’s disease (aorta inflammation which carries blood from the heart to the remaining body) and buerger’s disease (rare problem of swollen arm or leg arteries / vein which leads to clot)
- To evaluate atherosclerosis (depositions of fats or cholesterol in the artery walls) and vasculitis (swollen artery which results in decreased blood flow)
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Center
Kandivali East, MUMBAI
Vcare was inaugurated on 13th of February, 2013 by the Honorable Mayor of Mumbai - Mr. Sunil Prabhu. Vcare Imaging and Diagnostic center is part of Sawant Life Care Hospital Pvt. Ltd. Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Centre is an ultramodern Diagnostic and Imaging Medical Centre located in Kandivali, Mumbai. Our Doctors, have special expertise and exhaustive in-depth experience in MRI and CT. They bring a combined experience of more than 20 years of clinical practice.