What is CECT Right Hip Joint?
CECT (Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography) Scan right hip joint is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of the joint which links femur (hip bone) to the pelvic bone. This is then used to create a three dimensional image of the right hip joint. This image can be used to visibly assess and detect problems in the hip joint and surrounding tissues.
Preparation for CECT Right Hip Joint
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
- Get the blood urea and creatinine test done to evaluate kidney function and to ensure safety of contrast before taking up the procedure.
Why Get Tested for CECT Right Hip Joint?
- To detect fractures of the bones forming the hip joint
- To diagnose any osteoarthritis or dislocation of the hip joint
- To detect infections or inflammation of the hip joint
- To diagnose any infections of the tendons and ligaments supporting the hip joint
- To detect the presence of tumors (abnormal growths) or other masses in the area of hip joint
Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Center
Kandivali East, MUMBAI
Vcare was inaugurated on 13th of February, 2013 by the Honorable Mayor of Mumbai - Mr. Sunil Prabhu. Vcare Imaging and Diagnostic center is part of Sawant Life Care Hospital Pvt. Ltd. Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Centre is an ultramodern Diagnostic and Imaging Medical Centre located in Kandivali, Mumbai. Our Doctors, have special expertise and exhaustive in-depth experience in MRI and CT. They bring a combined experience of more than 20 years of clinical practice.