Overview of Glucose - Fasting Urine
What is Glucose - Fasting Urine?
A urine glucose test measures the amount of glucose in your urine. This test is used to diagnose diabetes as a part of routine urine examination. It can also be used to monitor your blood sugar level if you are a known diabetic.
The sample type collected for Glucose - Fasting Urine is: Urine
Preparation for Glucose - Fasting Urine
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
- Collect the Urine Sample in a sterile container available from the lab or any pharmacy. Allow a small stream of urine to flow by and then carefully hold the cup under urine. Make sure the cup doesn’t come in contact with your skin.
Why Get Tested for Glucose - Fasting Urine?
- To monitor glucose or sugar levels if you are a diabetic
- To assess your kidney function if you have diabetes
- To diagnose diabetes, or gestational diabetes in pregnant women, as initial screening
What Results of Glucose - Fasting Urine mean?
- High levels of glucose in the blood usually indicate diabetes. High levels can also be seen in pregnant women if they are suffering from gestational diabetes.
- However, high levels can also be seen with certain medicines like estrogen.
The CLINICAL LABORATORY of Shahbazker’s Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd., Colaba is the 5th lab in Mumbai & 21st in India to be granted accreditation by NABL, and the 1st Lab in Mumbai and 2nd in India to be accredited under ISO 15189 (specific for medical Laboratories). NABL is a body under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. Its criteria are based on ISO 15189:2007.