Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Glucose - Fasting Urine
A urine glucose test measures the amount of glucose in your urine. This test is used to diagnose diabetes as a part of routine urine examination. It can also be used to monitor your blood sugar level if you are a known diabetic.
Why Get Tested
- To monitor glucose or sugar levels if you are a diabetic
- To assess your kidney function if you have diabetes
- To diagnose diabetes, or gestational diabetes in pregnant women, as initial screening
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
- Collect the Urine Sample in a sterile container available from the lab or any pharmacy. Allow a small stream of urine to flow by and then carefully hold the cup under urine. Make sure the cup doesn’t come in contact with your skin.
What Results of Glucose - Fasting Urine mean?
- High levels of glucose in the blood usually indicate diabetes. High levels can also be seen in pregnant women if they are suffering from gestational diabetes.
- However, high levels can also be seen with certain medicines like estrogen.
The CLINICAL LABORATORY of Shahbazker’s Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd., Colaba is the 5th lab in Mumbai & 21st in India to be granted accreditation by NABL, and the 1st Lab in Mumbai and 2nd in India to beRead More