The Barium Meal Follow Through test is an imaging test that uses X-rays to scan and photograph the small intestine after consuming a barium solution and helps to assess any abnormalities of the small intestines.
Why Get Tested
- To evaluate the cause of any blood in the stools
- To evaluate the cause of any change in your bowel movements
- To diagnose any suspected cancer of the small intestine
- To diagnose suspected diverticular disease or polyps or cysts of the small intestine
- To diagnose the cause of any non-specific stomach pain
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
The CLINICAL LABORATORY of Shahbazker’s Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd., Colaba is the 5th lab in Mumbai & 21st in India to be granted accreditation by NABL, and the 1st Lab in Mumbai and 2nd in India to beRead More