What is CECT Joint?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the joint is an imaging procedure. A contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the joint. It helps to diagnose diseases associated with the joints and surrounding soft tissues like muscles.
Preparation for CECT Joint
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
- Inform your doctor and technician if you have any stents, implants or pacemakers in your body.
- Get the blood urea and creatinine test done to evaluate kidney function and to ensure safety of contrast before taking up the procedure.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the scan.
Pulse Imaging Pvt Ltd - Mira Road