What is CECT Right Hip Joint?
CECT (Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography) Scan right hip joint is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of the joint which links femur (hip bone) to the pelvic bone. This is then used to create a three dimensional image of the right hip joint. This image can be used to visibly assess and detect problems in the hip joint and surrounding tissues.
Preparation for CECT Right Hip Joint
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Why Get Tested for CECT Right Hip Joint?
- To detect fractures of the bones forming the hip joint
- To diagnose any osteoarthritis or dislocation of the hip joint
- To detect infections or inflammation of the hip joint
- To diagnose any infections of the tendons and ligaments supporting the hip joint
- To detect the presence of tumors (abnormal growths) or other masses in the area of hip joint
Andheri (East), MAHARASHTRA
Proscan Diagnostics centre was established by Dr. Nimit Dhabalia (DNB Radiology) with the aim of providing high quality diagnostic services in Mumbai. Proscan Diagnostics is an example of a world class diagnostic facility in Radiology, Pathology, Diagnostic & Consultation Services. We are equipped with a range of advanced diagnostic equipment, combined with our well trained and experienced team, assuring you of high quality diagnostic services.