What is CECT Nasopharynx - Axial?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) scan of the nasopharynx (axial) is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of the nose, air filled hollow sinuses and pharynx (mouth, throat, and esophagus)
Preparation for CECT Nasopharynx - Axial
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Why Get Tested for CECT Nasopharynx - Axial?
- To diagnose pharyngitis / sore throat (inflammation of the pharynx) and laryngitis (inflammation of the larynx)
- To detect sinusitis (inflammation of the sinuses), tonsillitis (inflammation of the lymph nodes), epiglottitis (inflammation of the lid of larynx)
- To find out nasal obstruction and otitis media (earache with nasopharyngeal infection) and croup / laryngotracheobronchitis (viral infection which leads to infected airways passage)
Andheri (East), MAHARASHTRA
Proscan Diagnostics centre was established by Dr. Nimit Dhabalia (DNB Radiology) with the aim of providing high quality diagnostic services in Mumbai. Proscan Diagnostics is an example of a world class diagnostic facility in Radiology, Pathology, Diagnostic & Consultation Services. We are equipped with a range of advanced diagnostic equipment, combined with our well trained and experienced team, assuring you of high quality diagnostic services.