What is CECT Left Ankle Joint?
The Contrast Enhanced Computed Tomography (CECT) of the left ankle joint is an imaging procedure where a contrast dye is injected into the body and X-ray beams are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the ankle joint which is used to assess any injury or other disorders of the ankle joint.
Preparation for CECT Left Ankle Joint
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Why Get Tested for CECT Left Ankle Joint?
- To detect fractures of the bones of the ankle joint not visible on a simple X-ray
- To detect the cause of any unexplained pain in the ankle joint
- To detect any infection, injury or inflammation of the soft tissues like the muscle, the tendons and ligaments of the ankle joint
- To diagnose any suspected infection, osteoporosis, deformities or abnormal growth of the bones and arthritis (inflammation of the joints)
Andheri (East), MAHARASHTRA
Proscan Diagnostics centre was established by Dr. Nimit Dhabalia (DNB Radiology) with the aim of providing high quality diagnostic services in Mumbai. Proscan Diagnostics is an example of a world class diagnostic facility in Radiology, Pathology, Diagnostic & Consultation Services. We are equipped with a range of advanced diagnostic equipment, combined with our well trained and experienced team, assuring you of high quality diagnostic services.