What is CECT Chest?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the chest is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the chest or thorax to identify problems associated with the heart, lungs, food pipe, rib cage, spinal column and surrounding soft tissues like muscles.
Preparation for CECT Chest
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
- Get the blood urea and creatinine test done to evaluate kidney function and to ensure safety of contrast before taking up the procedure.
Why Get Tested for CECT Chest?
- To determine the cause of symptoms like cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, etc.
- To detect inflammations or infection of heart, lungs, food pipe, liver, stomach and other organs
- To detect injury to the internal organs, bones of rib cage, or spine due to trauma
- To make detailed assessment if some abnormalities appear in a standard X-ray of the chest
- To detect the presence of any tumors (abnormal growth)
- To detect any congenital abnormalities (birth defects)
- To direct intervention procedures like fine needle biopsy
Andheri (East), MAHARASHTRA
Proscan Diagnostics centre was established by Dr. Nimit Dhabalia (DNB Radiology) with the aim of providing high quality diagnostic services in Mumbai. Proscan Diagnostics is an example of a world class diagnostic facility in Radiology, Pathology, Diagnostic & Consultation Services. We are equipped with a range of advanced diagnostic equipment, combined with our well trained and experienced team, assuring you of high quality diagnostic services.