NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of Hepatitis A Virus - IgG
What is Hepatitis A Virus - IgG?
It is ordered when you have symptoms of acute hepatitis like loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, jaundice. An HAV test can also be ordered if you have been exposed to the hepatitis virus through contaminated water or food.
The sample type collected for Hepatitis A Virus - IgG is: Blood
Preparation for Hepatitis A Virus - IgG
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Hepatitis A Virus - IgG?
- If you have symptoms suggesting hepatitis like jaundice, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, fever, joint pain
- If you have been previously exposed to hepatitis A virus
What Results of Hepatitis A Virus - IgG mean?
- Positive HAV IgG with negative IgM usually indicate no active infection but previous exposure to hepatitis A virus or recent vaccination
- Negative HAV IgG usually signifies no current or previous HAV infection
- If the total antibody test or hepatitis A IgG result is positive and someone has never been vaccinated against HAV, then the person has had past exposure to the virus. About 30% of adults over age 40 have antibodies to hepatitis A
Established in 1995, Lifecare is the country's premier full-service diagnostic center with laboratory, providing expertise in imaging and digital pathology services. Our integrated diagnostic services help doctors personalize patient care to optimally treat disease and maintain health and wellness. We are committed to providing only the highest level of testing quality and service and working with you to provide unique solutions to your most challenging needs. A highly skilled team of medical professionals including physicians, scientists, medical technologists, medical technicians, lab assistants, biologists, chemists, microbiologists, geneticists, and other specialists work collaboratively. The department receives specimens for testing from patients and collection centers and is a reference laboratory for other clinics and hospitals both nationally and internationally. Lifecare's mission is to support the local delivery of laboratory services through the provision of exceptional reference laboratory services and by providing support services that facilitate and augment community integration efforts. We ensure Quality control programs that exceed industry guidelines for every patient sample. Proactive internal quality control team consisting of pathologists and laboratory personnel ensuring consistency and accuracy of specimen processing and diagnosis Our staff recognizes that specimens are patients, not just accession numbers in our lab. They are dedicated to combining the newest technologies, expertise, and quality in every sample they process.