NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of Glucose - Random Blood
What is Glucose - Random Blood?
A random blood sugar test involves drawing blood at any given time, no matter when you last ate. This test is used when you have symptoms of high blood sugar like increased, appetite, increased thirst, increased urination or symptoms of low blood glucose like sweating, hunger, anxiety. It can also be used if you are pregnant or you have risk factors for diabetes like smoking, hypertension, hyperlipidemia.
The sample type collected for Glucose - Random Blood is: Blood
Preparation for Glucose - Random Blood
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Glucose - Random Blood?
- As a part of routine preventive health check up
- If you have symptoms of high blood sugar like increased appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, blurring of vision
- If you have risk factors for diabetes like high blood pressure, cardiovascolar disease, high cholesterol, obesity or family history of diabetes
- If you are pregnant
- If you are already a diabetic
What Results of Glucose - Random Blood mean?
- The American Diabetic Association and WHO says that if your random blood glucose is greater than equal to 200 mg/dl, you have diabetes
- If the levels is between 140-200mg/dl, you are at increased risk of developing diabetes (Pre diabetic).
Established in 1995, Lifecare is the country's premier full-service diagnostic center with laboratory, providing expertise in imaging and digital pathology services. Our integrated diagnostic services help doctors personalize patient care to optimally treat disease and maintain health and wellness. We are committed to providing only the highest level of testing quality and service and working with you to provide unique solutions to your most challenging needs. A highly skilled team of medical professionals including physicians, scientists, medical technologists, medical technicians, lab assistants, biologists, chemists, microbiologists, geneticists, and other specialists work collaboratively. The department receives specimens for testing from patients and collection centers and is a reference laboratory for other clinics and hospitals both nationally and internationally. Lifecare's mission is to support the local delivery of laboratory services through the provision of exceptional reference laboratory services and by providing support services that facilitate and augment community integration efforts. We ensure Quality control programs that exceed industry guidelines for every patient sample. Proactive internal quality control team consisting of pathologists and laboratory personnel ensuring consistency and accuracy of specimen processing and diagnosis Our staff recognizes that specimens are patients, not just accession numbers in our lab. They are dedicated to combining the newest technologies, expertise, and quality in every sample they process.