What is Toxoplasma gondii - IgG?
Toxoplasmosis is an infection caused by the parasite Toxoplasma gondii. Toxoplasma gondii - IgG test detects antibodies in the blood that are produced in response to an infection.
The sample type collected for Toxoplasma gondii - IgG is: Blood
Preparation for Toxoplasma gondii - IgG
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Toxoplasma gondii - IgG?
- To help in diagnosis when symptoms of toxoplasmosis appear in pregnant women or immunocompromised people, including flu like symptoms of fever, headache, sore throat, weakness, swollen lymph nodes, etc.
- When an exposure to the pathogen is suspected and symptoms are yet undetermined
- To determine if a person has been previously infected
- To determine if complications are due to an active Toxoplasma infection
General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd is a medical technology company and provider of high-end Preventive Screening and Diagnostic tests with a special focus on metabolomics. General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd is also a Technology Solution Provider to laboratories world-wide offering services based on high end chromatographic instruments. Since its inception about a decade ago, General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd has been continually evolving, transforming and thriving in this ever changing field through its innovations, operational efficiency, and creation of breakthrough solutions. General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd has to its credit the world's most comprehensive genetic metabolic screening test, in addition to several other preventive tests which help address health conditions like diabetes, weight problems, food intolerances, allergies and dysbiosis.