Overview of Rubella Virus - IgG
What is Rubella Virus - IgG?
The IgG Rubella test is ordered if you are pregnant and have signs or symptoms which may indicate rubella infection like fever, rashes, inflamed eyes, aching joints etc. It may be ordered when a new born is born with birth defects such as hearing loss, heart defects or cataracts.
The sample type collected for Rubella Virus - IgG is: Blood
Preparation for Rubella Virus - IgG
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Rubella Virus - IgG?
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- When a pregnant women has signs and symptoms suggestive of rubella infection like mild fever, rash on the face and body, stuffy nose, red eyes, aching joints, swollen lymph nodes
- It is ordered in a newborn when mother was diagnosed with rubella infection during pregnancy
What Results of Rubella Virus - IgG mean?
- Positive Rubella IgG in adults usually indicates prior infection or vaccination with the virus
- Positive IgG in a newborn usually signifies that mother has passed the antibodies to baby during pregnancy
- Negative Rubella IgG along with IgM means no current or prior infection with the virus
General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd is a medical technology company and provider of high-end Preventive Screening and Diagnostic tests with a special focus on metabolomics. General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd is also a Technology Solution Provider to laboratories world-wide offering services based on high end chromatographic instruments. Since its inception about a decade ago, General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd has been continually evolving, transforming and thriving in this ever changing field through its innovations, operational efficiency, and creation of breakthrough solutions. General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd has to its credit the world's most comprehensive genetic metabolic screening test, in addition to several other preventive tests which help address health conditions like diabetes, weight problems, food intolerances, allergies and dysbiosis.