Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - Chromatography
Get this test done one to three months after you think you may have been exposed to the virus (the average time for the antibody to be detected is two to eight weeks after exposure to the virus); once a year if you are at increased risk of being exposed to the virus; when your doctor thinks that your signs and symptoms may be due to HIV; before becoming pregnant or when you are pregnant.
Why Get Tested
- To screen for and diagnose HIV infection
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- If you are diagnosed with Hepatitis B, C, Tubercolosis or any other sexually transmitted disease
- Annual screening is advised for those who are at high risk for HIV infection like having a HIV positive sex partner, moltiple sexual partners, homosexual people, sharing needles
- No special preparation required
What Results of HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - Chromatography mean?
- A negative HIV antibody test usually indicates that a person does not have HIV infection. A negative test only means that their is no evidence of disease at the time of the test. The HIV antibody tests does not detect an HIV infection soon after exposure, before the development of antibodies. Most people produce detectable levels of antibody 3 to 12 weeks after exposure. If someone is screened with an HIV antibody test too soon, the result may be negative despite the fact that the person is infected. For those who are at increased risk of HIV infection, it is important to get this screening test done frequently to check for possible exposure to the virus
- If someone tests positive on both the initial screening and supplemental testing, then that person is considered to be infected with HIV
Patient Concerns about HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - Chromatography
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the symptoms of HIV infection?
Symptoms of HIV infection may mimic those of influenza or other viral infections. But, the best way is to get yourself tested with HIV test.
General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd is a medical technology company and provider of high-end Preventive Screening and Diagnostic tests with a special focus on metabolomics. General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd isRead More