Overview of Calcium Spot Urine
What is Calcium Spot Urine?
This test is done to evaluate the amount of calcium excreted through kidneys. Your doctor may order this test if he is suspecting kidney disease, kidney stones, bone disease or parathyroid disorders. High levels of urinary calcium may be a sign of hyperparathyroidism, sarcoidosis, milk alkali syndrome, renal failure, idiopathic hypercalciuria etc. Low levels may be seen in malabsorption syndromes, vitamin D deficiency, hypoparathyroidism.
Why is Calcium Spot Urine done?
- If you have signs or symptoms of kidney disease
- If you have signs or symptoms of parathyroid disorders
- In case of suspected kidney stones
- If your doctor wants to evaluate how well your intestines are absorbing calcium
- In case of suspected bone diseases
Preparation for Calcium Spot Urine
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Calcium Spot Urine
The sample type collected for Calcium Spot Urine is: Urine
Interpreting Calcium Spot Urine results
- Abnormally high levels of calcium in the urine usually indicates hyperparathyroidism, milk alkali syndrome, kidney disease, sarcoidosis, idopathic hypercalciuria, renal tubular acidosis
- Low levels of calcium may be seen in malabsorption syndromes, hypoparathyroidism
General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd is a medical technology company and provider of high-end Preventive Screening and Diagnostic tests with a special focus on metabolomics. General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd is also a Technology Solution Provider to laboratories world-wide offering services based on high end chromatographic instruments. Since its inception about a decade ago, General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd has been continually evolving, transforming and thriving in this ever changing field through its innovations, operational efficiency, and creation of breakthrough solutions. General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd has to its credit the world's most comprehensive genetic metabolic screening test, in addition to several other preventive tests which help address health conditions like diabetes, weight problems, food intolerances, allergies and dysbiosis.