Overview of Cholesterol - HDL
What is Cholesterol - HDL?
As part of a regular health exam with a cholesterol test or lipid profile; at least once every five years in adults; children should have a lipid profile screening at least once between the ages of 9 and 11 and then again between the ages of 17 and 21. It is ordered frequently if you have risk factors for heart diseases like smoking, high blood pressure, family history, diabetes mellitus.
The sample type collected for Cholesterol - HDL is: Blood
Preparation for Cholesterol - HDL
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Cholesterol - HDL?
- As a part of lipid profile along with cholesterol, triglycerides and LDL
- As a part of routine health check up
- If you are already a diagnosed case of heart disease
- If you have risk factors for heart disease like cigarette smoking, hypertension, diabetes mellitus or a family history of heart disease
- Ideally, adolts shoold get this test done for screening purposes once every five years even if they don't have any risk factors
What Results of Cholesterol - HDL mean?
- Since HDL is called as "Good Cholesterol", therefore, higher levels are considered better and are associated with less than average increased risk of heart disease
- HDL Cholesterol level between 40 - 50 mg/dl in men and between 50-59 mg/dl in women is considered normal
- HDL level below 40 mg/dl in men and below 50 mg/dl is low and is associated with increased risk of heart disease
- HDL level more than 60 mg/dl is high and is associated with less than average risk of heart disease
Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited was registered at Registrar of Companies Mumbai on 19 March, 2010 and is categorised as Company limited by Shares and an Non-govt company. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited's Corporate Identification Number (CIN) is U85195MH2010PTC201078 and Registeration Number is 201078. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited registered address on file is AL - 1 / 545 & 546, SECTOR 16, AIROLI, NAVI MUMBAI MH 400708 IN, Navi Mumbai - 400708, Maharashtra, India. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited currently have 2 Active Directors / Partners: Jagdish Umakant Nayak, Jyoti Jagdish Nayak, and there are no other Active Directors / Partners in the company except these 2 officials. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited is involved in Community, Personal & Social Services Activity