Overview of Anti Thyroglobulin Antibody
What is Anti Thyroglobulin Antibody?
Your thyroid gland produces a number of proteins including thyroglobulin. This protein helps produce hormones released by thyroid. Your doctor may order a anti thyroglobulin antibody test if you have symptoms of a thyroid disorder (hypothyroidism) like fatigue, weight gain, constipation, cold intolerance or when your other thyroid tests like T3, T4, and TSH show some abnormality.
The sample type collected for Anti Thyroglobulin Antibody is: Blood
Preparation for Anti Thyroglobulin Antibody
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Anti Thyroglobulin Antibody?
- Prior to and after the completion of treatment for thyroid cancer to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment
- To monitor the recurrence of thyroid cancer
- If you have symptoms of hyperthyroidism like sweating, rapid heart rate, tremors, anxiety, weight loss, protruding eyes
- If you have symptoms of hypothyroidism like weight gain, fatigue, constipation, cold intolerance
- If you have another autoimmune disorder and are at increased risk of thyroid dysfunction
What Results of Anti Thyroglobulin Antibody mean?
- If thyroglobulin concentrations are initially elevated in a person diagnosed with thyroid cancer, then it is likely that thyroglobulin can be used as a tumor marker. Thyroglobulin levels should be undetectable or very low after the surgical removal of the thyroid (thyroidectomy) and/or after subsequent radioactive iodine treatments. If levels are still detectable, there may be normal or cancerous thyroid tissue remaining in the person's body, indicating the need for additional treatment
- If the level of thyroglobulin is low for a few weeks or months after surgery and then begins to rise over time, then the cancer is probably recurring
- Decreasing levels of thyroglobulin in those treated for Grave's disease indicate a response to treatment
- People who have goitre, thyroiditis or hyperthyroidism may have elevated thyroglobulin levels, although this test is not routinely ordered
Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited was registered at Registrar of Companies Mumbai on 19 March, 2010 and is categorised as Company limited by Shares and an Non-govt company. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited's Corporate Identification Number (CIN) is U85195MH2010PTC201078 and Registeration Number is 201078. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited registered address on file is AL - 1 / 545 & 546, SECTOR 16, AIROLI, NAVI MUMBAI MH 400708 IN, Navi Mumbai - 400708, Maharashtra, India. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited currently have 2 Active Directors / Partners: Jagdish Umakant Nayak, Jyoti Jagdish Nayak, and there are no other Active Directors / Partners in the company except these 2 officials. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited is involved in Community, Personal & Social Services Activity