What is C4?
Complement 4 (C4) is a protein present in the blood that helps fight pathogens in the body. Among a group of nine complement proteins numbered from 1 to 9, C4 is responsible for eradicating some infections caused in the body. Complement 4 test measures the amount of complement C4 circulating in your bloodstream.
Why is C4 done?
- If you’re experiencing symptoms that indicate an autoimmune disease like extreme fatigue, muscle and joint pain,sudden unexpected weight loss, muscle weakness and muscle paralysis
- To determine deficiencies or abnormalities in complement system proteins
- To help monitor the activity and treatment of autoimmune diseases and immune complex-related diseases
- To help monitor a known acute or chronic condition that affects the complement system
Preparation for C4
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for C4
The sample type collected for Complement 4 is: Blood