Insulin - Random
Overview of Insulin - Random
What is Insulin - Random?
Insulin is produced by beta cells of the pancreas. It leads to Type 1 (IDDM) diabetes caused by Insulin deficiency & Type 2 (NIDDM) diabetes caused by insulin resistance. This assay is useful in the management of Diabetes. It is also used for diagnosing Insulinoma when used in conjunction with Proinsu-lin and C-peptide measurement.
The sample type collected for Insulin - Random is: Blood
Preparation for Insulin - Random
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Insulin - Random?
- To confirm the presence of insolin secreting tumours like insolinoma
- To confirm resistance to insolin hormone
- To monitor insolin levels in diabetics taking medicines or insolin injection
- If you have symptoms of low blood glucose levels like giddiness, sweating, palpitations, confusion, fainting and dryness of mouth.
What Results of Insulin - Random mean?
- High levels of insulin may be associared with insulin secreting tumors or excess medicines
- Low levels can be seen in pancreatic disease like pancreatitis, pancreatic tumor, diabetes
Patient Concerns about Insulin - Random
Frequently Asked Questions about Insulin - Random
Q. Can I do a home insulin test?
No, insulin test requires special instruments so, it can only be done in laboratories
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality at affordable costs to laboratories and hospitals in India and other countries. Thyrocare operates with a Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia. We have focus on strong technologies, strong brands and strong systems that enable all laboratories to give their clients the best of science and technology at an affordable cost. With a belief that 'Quality' is the heart of any intelligent management, Thyrocare became one of the first Indian diagnostic laboratories to obtain internationally renowned quality accreditations like ISO 9001-2000 rating as early as 2001, which is now escalated to ISO 9001:2008; NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) in 2005 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certification in 2007.
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.