Overview of Insulin-F
What is Insulin-F?
This test is ordered when you have low blood glucose levels with symptoms such as sweating, palpitations, dizziness, fainting; when you have diabetes and your doctor wants to monitor your insulin production; sometimes when it is suspected that you have insulin resistance.
Why is Insulin-F done?
- If you have signs or symptoms of low blood glucose (hypoglycemia) like sweating, hunger, confusion, blurred vision, dizziness, palpitations and sometimes fainting
- In case of suspected type 2 diabetes, polycystic ovarian syndrome, heart disease or metabolic syndrome
- In case of suspected insolinoma
Preparation for Insulin-F
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
Sample Type for Insulin-F
The sample type collected for Insulin - Fasting is: Blood
Interpreting Insulin-F results
- High fasting insulin levels along with normal fasting glucose level indicate insulin resistance. Causes of high fasting insulin levels are acromegaly, Cushing syndrome, insulinomas, obesity
- Normal fasting insulin level along with low fasting glucose level usually indicate hypoglycemia due to excess insulin
- Low fasting insulin level with high fasting glucose level usually mean that there is not enough insulin produced by beta cells which may be seen in diabetes, pancreatitis
Answers to Patient Concerns & Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Insulin-F
Frequently Asked Questions about Insulin - Fasting
Q. Can I do a home insulin test?
No, insulin test requires special instruments so, it can only be done in laboratories
Primex Healthcare and Research Private Limited is a company incorporated in Chennai, India that aims to deliver premium quality healthcare services at affordable prices across India.\r\nIndia has a highly fragmented diagnostics services industry that has many local players and a few regional/national players. The services are costly and not within the reach of most of India. To take advantage of the typical volume spike that the right price can deliver, Primex has introduced the low cost “Jet Konnect” model with a graded pan India rollout strategy. Primex Scans & Labs, a division of Primex Healthcare, is the diagnostic arm that delivers high-end scan and laboratory services at affordable prices by providing a professional, dependable, accessible and affordable service. Driven by volumes, Primex passes on the economies of scale as a direct benefit to the customer. Primex brings the best of medical equipment from pioneers like Philips and Toshiba and technology developed in-house to guarantee precise and timely results. Primex takes customer service to the next level by enabling unique services like home collection, 24x7 centers, online & SMS-based report tracking and delivery, 24x7 appointments through a dedicated call center and much more. Primex now has 6 primary locations spread across Chennai providing 2000+types of investigations including MRI scan, CT scan, digital X-Ray, Ultrasound, computerized ECG, TMT and lab tests. Primex is backed by Kalpathi Investments as a strategic and significant shareholder in the company.
Available at Other Labs