Overview of HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - ELISA
What is HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - ELISA?
Get this test done one to three months after you think you may have been exposed to the virus (the average time for the antibody to be detected is two to eight weeks after exposure to the virus); once a year if you are at increased risk of being exposed to the virus; when your doctor thinks that your signs and symptoms may be due to HIV; before becoming pregnant or when you are pregnant.
Why is HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - ELISA done?
- To screen for and diagnose HIV infection
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- If you are diagnosed with Hepatitis B, C, Tubercolosis or any other sexually transmitted disease
- Annual screening is advised for those who are at high risk for HIV infection like having a HIV positive sex partner, moltiple sexual partners, homosexual people, sharing needles
- As a part of routine check up before a surgery
Preparation for HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - ELISA
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - ELISA
The sample type collected for HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - ELISA is: Blood
Interpreting HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - ELISA results
- A negative HIV antibody test usually indicates that a person does not have HIV infection. A negative test only means that their is no evidence of disease at the time of the test. The HIV antibody tests does not detect an HIV infection soon after exposure, before the development of antibodies. Most people produce detectable levels of antibody 3 to 12 weeks after exposure. If someone is screened with an HIV antibody test too soon, the result may be negative despite the fact that the person is infected. For those who are at increased risk of HIV infection, it is important to get this screening test done frequently to check for possible exposure to the virus
- If someone tests positive on both the initial screening and supplemental testing, then that person is considered to be infected with HIV
Primex Healthcare and Research Private Limited is a company incorporated in Chennai, India that aims to deliver premium quality healthcare services at affordable prices across India.\r\nIndia has a highly fragmented diagnostics services industry that has many local players and a few regional/national players. The services are costly and not within the reach of most of India. To take advantage of the typical volume spike that the right price can deliver, Primex has introduced the low cost “Jet Konnect” model with a graded pan India rollout strategy. Primex Scans & Labs, a division of Primex Healthcare, is the diagnostic arm that delivers high-end scan and laboratory services at affordable prices by providing a professional, dependable, accessible and affordable service. Driven by volumes, Primex passes on the economies of scale as a direct benefit to the customer. Primex brings the best of medical equipment from pioneers like Philips and Toshiba and technology developed in-house to guarantee precise and timely results. Primex takes customer service to the next level by enabling unique services like home collection, 24x7 centers, online & SMS-based report tracking and delivery, 24x7 appointments through a dedicated call center and much more. Primex now has 6 primary locations spread across Chennai providing 2000+types of investigations including MRI scan, CT scan, digital X-Ray, Ultrasound, computerized ECG, TMT and lab tests. Primex is backed by Kalpathi Investments as a strategic and significant shareholder in the company.
Available at Other Labs