Overview of Culture Aerobic Blood (Automated)
What is Culture Aerobic Blood (Automated)?
Blood cultures are used to detect the presence of bacteria or fungi in the blood, to identify the type present and to guide treatment.
The sample type collected for Culture Aerobic Blood (Automated) is: Blood
Preparation for Culture Aerobic Blood (Automated)
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Culture Aerobic Blood (Automated)?
- If you have signs or symptoms of infection or sepsis like fever, rapid heart rate, nausea, confusion, reduced frequency of urination
- If you have had a recent infection, surgical procedure, valve replacement or you are at a high risk of systemic infections
What Results of Culture Aerobic Blood (Automated) mean?
- Two or more blood cultures that are positive for the same bacteria or fungi means that the person tested likely has a blood infection with that organism. The results typically identify the specific bacteria or fungi causing the infection
- If one blood culture set is positive and one set is negative, it may mean that an infection or skin contaminant is present. Additional tests are done in such cases
- If blood culture sets are negative after several days (no growth), then the probability that the person has a blood infection caused by bacteria or fungi is low
Primex Healthcare and Research Private Limited is a company incorporated in Chennai, India that aims to deliver premium quality healthcare services at affordable prices across India.\r\nIndia has a highly fragmented diagnostics services industry that has many local players and a few regional/national players. The services are costly and not within the reach of most of India. To take advantage of the typical volume spike that the right price can deliver, Primex has introduced the low cost “Jet Konnect” model with a graded pan India rollout strategy. Primex Scans & Labs, a division of Primex Healthcare, is the diagnostic arm that delivers high-end scan and laboratory services at affordable prices by providing a professional, dependable, accessible and affordable service. Driven by volumes, Primex passes on the economies of scale as a direct benefit to the customer. Primex brings the best of medical equipment from pioneers like Philips and Toshiba and technology developed in-house to guarantee precise and timely results. Primex takes customer service to the next level by enabling unique services like home collection, 24x7 centers, online & SMS-based report tracking and delivery, 24x7 appointments through a dedicated call center and much more. Primex now has 6 primary locations spread across Chennai providing 2000+types of investigations including MRI scan, CT scan, digital X-Ray, Ultrasound, computerized ECG, TMT and lab tests. Primex is backed by Kalpathi Investments as a strategic and significant shareholder in the company.