Overview of Cholesterol - HDL
What is Cholesterol - HDL?
As part of a regular health exam with a cholesterol test or lipid profile; at least once every five years in adults; children should have a lipid profile screening at least once between the ages of 9 and 11 and then again between the ages of 17 and 21. It is ordered frequently if you have risk factors for heart diseases like smoking, high blood pressure, family history, diabetes mellitus.
Why is Cholesterol - HDL done?
- As a part of lipid profile along with cholesterol, triglycerides and LDL
- As a part of routine health check up
- If you are already a diagnosed case of heart disease
- If you have risk factors for heart disease like cigarette smoking, hypertension, diabetes mellitus or a family history of heart disease
- Ideally, adolts shoold get this test done for screening purposes once every five years even if they don't have any risk factors
Preparation for Cholesterol - HDL
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Cholesterol - HDL
The sample type collected for Cholesterol - HDL is: Blood
Interpreting Cholesterol - HDL results
- Since HDL is called as "Good Cholesterol", therefore, higher levels are considered better and are associated with less than average increased risk of heart disease
- HDL Cholesterol level between 40 - 50 mg/dl in men and between 50-59 mg/dl in women is considered normal
- HDL level below 40 mg/dl in men and below 50 mg/dl is low and is associated with increased risk of heart disease
- HDL level more than 60 mg/dl is high and is associated with less than average risk of heart disease
Primex Healthcare and Research Private Limited is a company incorporated in Chennai, India that aims to deliver premium quality healthcare services at affordable prices across India.\r\nIndia has a highly fragmented diagnostics services industry that has many local players and a few regional/national players. The services are costly and not within the reach of most of India. To take advantage of the typical volume spike that the right price can deliver, Primex has introduced the low cost “Jet Konnect” model with a graded pan India rollout strategy. Primex Scans & Labs, a division of Primex Healthcare, is the diagnostic arm that delivers high-end scan and laboratory services at affordable prices by providing a professional, dependable, accessible and affordable service. Driven by volumes, Primex passes on the economies of scale as a direct benefit to the customer. Primex brings the best of medical equipment from pioneers like Philips and Toshiba and technology developed in-house to guarantee precise and timely results. Primex takes customer service to the next level by enabling unique services like home collection, 24x7 centers, online & SMS-based report tracking and delivery, 24x7 appointments through a dedicated call center and much more. Primex now has 6 primary locations spread across Chennai providing 2000+types of investigations including MRI scan, CT scan, digital X-Ray, Ultrasound, computerized ECG, TMT and lab tests. Primex is backed by Kalpathi Investments as a strategic and significant shareholder in the company.
Available at Other Labs