CT Guided - FNAC
This test is for
What is CT Guided - FNAC?
The CT guided fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) uses a fine automated needle / syringe to collect sample of the cells, fluid and not tissues from the tumor in a cancer patient or cancer suspected patient. This sample of the cell or body fluid is then examined under a microscope for confirmation of the cancer. THe test involves purely cytopathological so is restricted to cell or cytological studies only and not histopathological (related to tissues)
Why is CT Guided - FNAC done?
- To detect and diagnose cancer in deep seated organs which cannot be accessed with invasive surgical procedures
- To evaluate the recurrence of a cancer following therapy and monitor the efficacy of the treatment (chemotherapy) for tumors already diagnosed
- To differentiate between benign tumor (localized) and malignant tumor (spreading cancer)
- To diagnose breast cancer, prostate cancer, skin cancer, colon / rectum cancer, lung cancer, blood cancer, lymph node cancer
- To monitor the characterization and progression of the stages of cancer (stage I - stage IV)
Primex Healthcare and Research Private Limited is a company incorporated in Chennai, India that aims to deliver premium quality healthcare services at affordable prices across India.\\\\r\\\\nIndia has a highly fragmented diagnostics services industry that has many local players and a few regional/national players. The services are costly and not within the reach of most of India. To take advantage of the typical volume spike that the right price can deliver, Primex has introduced the low cost...