NABL, CAP, ISO
What is p - ANCA/MPO Abs?
Myeloperoxidase (MPO) test is a blood test used for people suspected to have immune-mediated vasculitis specifically microscopic polyangiitis (MPA). It examines the level of MPO which is an enzyme stored in the white blood cells.
Why is p - ANCA/MPO Abs done?
- To identify inflammation of arteries
- If you have ongoing chest pain and discomfort
- If you have been diagnosed with cholesterol and other cardiovascular diseases
- To follow treatment response or to monitor disease activity in patients with MPA
Preparation for p - ANCA/MPO Abs
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for p - ANCA/MPO Abs
The sample type collected for Myeloperoxidase(MPO) is: Blood