NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of Iron Deficiency Profile
What is Iron Deficiency Profile?
This test is ordered as a follow up test when abnormal results are found on routine tests such as CBC; when your doctor is suspecting either deficiency of iron or excess of iron. The features of iron deficiency are pale skin, fatigue, headaches, weakness.
Why is Iron Deficiency Profile done?
- If you have signs or symptoms of iron deficiency anemia like pallor, fatigue, weakness, headaches
- If your CBC shows that your hemoglobin and hematocrit are low and RBC’s are smaller and paler than normal which usually suggest iron deficiency anemia
- If you have signs or symptoms of increased accumulation of iron in the body like joint pain, abdominal pain, fatigue, loss of body hair
Preparation for Iron Deficiency Profile
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
Sample Type for Iron Deficiency Profile
The sample type collected for Iron Deficiency Profile is: Blood
Interpreting Iron Deficiency Profile results
- A low iron with a high TIBC and transferrin usually indicates iron deficiency anemia. Various causes of iron deficiency are decreased intake, pregnancy, lactation, malabsorption syndromes
- High levels of serum iron can occur as a result of multiple blood transfusions, lead poisoning, liver diseases, sideroblastic anemia, hemachromatosis
Tests Included in Iron Deficiency Profile(3 tests)
- Iron Serum
- Percent Transferrin Saturation
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).