Overview of HSV 2 IgG & IgM
What is HSV 2 IgG & IgM?
Why is HSV 2 IgG & IgM done?
HSV 2 IgG and IgM tests are performed to diagnose an infection of the Herpes Simplex Virus 2 (HSV 2). If herpes symptoms like blisters in genital area and viral meningitis symptoms are detected, the test may be recommended.
Preparation for HSV 2 IgG & IgM
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for HSV 2 IgG & IgM
Interpreting HSV 2 IgG & IgM results
- A positive HSV-2 IgM test indicates recent or active infection.
• A positive HSV-2 IgG test indicates previous infection.
• A significant increase in HSV 2 IgG antibodies also indicates an active or recent infection.
• Negative results indicate that no exposure to HSV occurred, or that antibodies were not yet produced.
Tests Included in HSV 2 IgG & IgM(2 tests)
- Herpes Simplex Virus 2 IgG