What is Factor-IX?
A Factor IX blood test is performed to measure the amount of this protein in blood. Factor IX is a protein that encourages blood clotting.
Why is Factor-IX done?
- To diagnose factor IX deficiency (hemophilia B)
- To monitor factor IX replacement therapy
- To monitor the severity of a factor deficiency and/or the effectiveness of treatment
- If your family history shows a record of this condition
Preparation for Factor-IX
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
Sample Type for Factor-IX
The sample type collected for Factor-IX is: Blood
Aarthi Diagnostics is the Multi Speciality Clinical Referral Laboratory, Pioneer in Health Care industry like Hospitals, Radiology and Pathology, last two and half a decades. It is established with the objective of High quality diagnostic services at affordable cost.