What is Copper, Serum?
Copper test is performed to check the presence of copper in the body of the patient. Deficiency in copper in the body can lead to several conditions. However, increased copper concentration can also be indicative of some diseases. This test is useful in diagnosing those diseases as well.
Why is Copper, Serum done?
- To measure the amount of copper in the blood, urine, or liver tissue and to identify copper deficiency or excess
- To help diagnose and monitor Wilson disease, Menkes disease, primary biliary cirrhosis and Indian childhood cirrhosis
- To follow up when you are being treated for a copper-related condition
- To monitor copper concentrations during the third trimester of pregnancy
Preparation for Copper, Serum
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Copper, Serum
The sample type collected for Copper, Serum is: Blood
Aarthi Diagnostics is the Multi Speciality Clinical Referral Laboratory, Pioneer in Health Care industry like Hospitals, Radiology and Pathology, last two and half a decades. It is established with the objective of High quality diagnostic services at affordable cost.
Available at Other Labs