Hepatitis B Virus - Viral Load, Quantitative
You need to provide
This test is for
What is HBV Quant.?
This test is ordered when you have signs and symptoms of acute hepatitis like loss of appetite, jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain.
Why is HBV Quant. done?
- It is ordered in the management of patients with chronic hepatitis B infection and currently on antiviral therapy
- It is typically done at diagnosis of hepatitis B for baseline values and during the course of therapy to assess the response of treatment.
Interpreting HBV Quant. results
Results are categorized into 3 levels
- Low or undetectable viral load means that the lab equipment cannot detect it and viral load is less than approximately 300 copies/mL
- Moderate levels are about 10,000 – 90,000 copies/mL
- High levels indicate quantities over 100,000 copies/mL, which is considered clinically significant
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and...