Dengue Antibody IgG
You need to provide
This test is for
What is Dengue Antibody IgG?
It is a test used to diagnose infection with dengue virus. It is usually ordered if you have symptoms like high fever, headaches, bone pains, gum or nose bleeds which might suggest an infection with dengue virus.
Why is Dengue Antibody IgG done?
- If you have signs or symptoms of dengue fever like sudden high fever, severe headaches or pain behind the eye, joint or bone pains, easy bruising or gum and nose bleeds
Interpreting Dengue Antibody IgG results
- If the dengue IgG antibody test is positive, but the IgM is low or negative, it usually indicates that a person had an infection sometime in the past
- If the dengue IgG antibody test titre increase fourfold or greater between an initial sample and one taken 2 to 4 weeks later, then it is likely that a person has had a recent infection
- Positive IgG and IgM antibody tests indicate current infection with dengue virus
- Negative tests for IgM and/or IgG usually mean that the person tested does not have a dengue infection
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and...