Overview of Vit E
What is Vit E?
Vitamin E helps in the maintenance of biomembranes of vascular and nervous systems & has anti-oxidant properties. This assay is useful for assessing if you have motor and sensory neuropathies. It is also useful for monitoring vitamin E status of premature infants requiring oxygenation.
Why is Vit E done?
- If you have signs or symptoms of mal-absorption syndromes like celiac disease, tropical sprue, Crohn’s disease which may cause weight loss, diarrhoea, vomiting
- If you have symptoms of Vitmain E deficiency like tingling or numbness in limbs, poor muscle co-ordination
Preparation for Vit E
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Vit E
The sample type collected for Vitamin E is: Blood
Interpreting Vit E results
- Low levels of vitamin E can be associated with malabsorption syndromes like celiac disease, tropical spurue, cystic fibrosis etc.
- High levels are very uncommon
About Thyrocare Laboratories Ltd.Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality at affordable costs to laboratories and hospitals in India and other countries. Thyrocare operates with a Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia. We have focus on strong technologies, strong brands and strong systems that enable all laboratories to give their clients the best of science and technology at an affordable cost. With a belief that 'Quality' is the heart of any intelligent management, Thyrocare became one of the first Indian diagnostic laboratories to obtain internationally renowned quality accreditations like ISO 9001-2000 rating as early as 2001, which is now escalated to ISO 9001:2008; NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) in 2005 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certification in 2007.
User Reviews about Vitamin E
Excellent service and delivery in very short period. Highly impressive
Himadri Shekhar Das