Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Progesterone
This test is ordered during an infertility assessment of a women, to determine the specific time of ovulation, when symptoms like abdominal pain and spotting suggest an ectopic pregnancy. It can be periodically done during pregnancy to determine placenta and fetal health.
Why Get Tested
- If a woman is undergoing infertility screening or treatment
- If there are symptoms suggesting ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage like abdominal pain, bleeding
- If a woman is in a high-risk pregnancy to monitor placental and fetal health
- If there is abnormal uterine bleeding
- If there is a need to induce ovolation for infertility treatment
- To track ovolation
- No special preparation required
What Results of Progesterone mean?
- High progesterone levels may be seen in ovarian cysts, molar pregnancies, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, ovarian cancer
- Low progesterone levels may be caused by lacks of periods, miscarriage, death of baby inside the womb or ectopic pregnancy, decreased ovarian function
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality at affordable costs to laboratories and hospitals in India and other countries. Thyrocare operates with a Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia. We have focus on strong technologies, strong brands and strong systems that enable all laboratories to give their clients the best of science and technology at an affordable cost. With a belief that 'Quality' is the heart of any intelligent management, Thyrocare became one of the first Indian diagnostic laboratories to obtain internationally renowned quality accreditations like ISO 9001-2000 rating as early as 2001, which is now escalated to ISO 9001:2008; NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) in 2005 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certification in 2007.
Excellent service and delivery in very short period. Highly impressive
Himadri Shekhar Das