Overview of Creatinine
What is Creatinine?
It is done to evaluate the health of your kidneys. It can be done as a part of basic metabolic panel or when you have signs or symptoms suggestive of kidney disease like swelling of face, ankle, lower back pain, changes in urine output etc. It should also be done to monitor the treatment if you are already diagnosed with a kidney disease. It is also ordered if you have diseases which can affect the kidney like diabetes etc.
The sample type collected for Creatinine is: Blood
Preparation for Creatinine
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Creatinine?
- As a part of routine health check up or basic metabolic panel
- As a part of kidney function test
- If you have signs or symptoms of kidney disease like swelling or puffiness around the eyes, face, wrists etc, poor appetite, change in urinary frequency, bloody urine, mid back pain or high blood pressure
- If you already have a kidney disease, this test is regolarly done to assess the function of your kidneys and plan further management
What Results of Creatinine mean?
- Increased creatinine levels in blood suggest kidney disease or other disorders which may affect kidney function. These include: damage to the blood vessels in kidney (glomerulonephritis), bacterial infection of kidney (pyelonephritis), acute tubular necrosis, kidney stones or rarely congestive heart failure, dehydration etc
- Low levels of creatinine are not usually seen and is not a cause for concern
Patient Concerns about Creatinine
Frequently Asked Questions about Creatinine
Q. Does exercise affect my creatinine levels?
Moderate exercise does not usually affect the creatinine levels. As you continue exercising, more muscle mass is built which may affect the levels temporarily.
Q. Does diet affect the levels of creatinine?
Some studies suggest that eating cooked meat prior to the test may increase the levels.
Trident Diagnostics - A unit of Trident Diagnostics & Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. is a holistic healthcare centre built on the tenets of accuracy, accessibility and affordability, a vision that has enabled quality healthcare convenience to everyone. Our omnibus service includes laboratory and diagnostic testing, subject expert consultation and a fully equipped pharmacy. Our dynamic team of highly qualified clinical trial professionals cater to routine as well as critical diagnostic services, discharging professional responsibilities with highest sense of integrity.\r\nStrategically located in West Bengaluru, Trident Diagnostics is spread over a sprawling area of 5000 sqft, divided categorically into 3 floors. Our fully automated and bar coded laboratory boosts of state-of-the-art infrastructure equipped with cutting edge technologically precise lab and diagnostic equipment and practices. Our core focus areas include but not limited to clinical pathology, hematology, hormones and histopathology with imaging services in Radiology, Cardiology and Gynecology to name a few. We operate hub and spoke model for sample collection and our collection centres are fanned out across the city with many Lab-to-Lab tie-ups. We have a team of dedicated riders and phlebotomists and are capable of outstation sample collection with reporting. We also provide home sample collection for our customers with a simple booking procedure over the phone. We manage round-the-clock laboratory at Sri Rama Multi Specialty Hospital and Trauma Centre in Sunkadakatte and have tie up with leading insurance aggregators. The entire team at Trident Diagnostics work towards the sole motto \Sarve Janah Sukhino Bhavanthu\. We are dedicated to all the ethical and moral standards of Lab technology that help our doctors and patients to get accurate and precise reports at the minimum turnaround-time at a right value.
Available at Other Labs