Overview of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme
What is Angiotensin Converting Enzyme?
When you have granulomas that produce small bumps under the skin, a lingering cough, red watery eyes, and/or other symptoms suggestive of sarcoidosis; regularly when you have active sarcoidosis to monitor its course.
The sample type collected for Angiotensin Converting Enzyme is: Blood
Preparation for Angiotensin Converting Enzyme
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Angiotensin Converting Enzyme?
- If you have signs or symptoms suggestive of sarcoidosis like chronic cough or shortness of breath, watery eyes, joint pains or grnaolaomas
- If you have been already diagnosed with sarcoidosis, this test may be ordered routinely to monitor the disease activity
What Results of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme mean?
- An increased ACE level in a person with clinical findings suggestive of sarcoidosis means that it is likely that a person has an active case of sarcoidosis, if other diseases have been ruled out. The finding of a high ACE level helps to confirm the diagnosis
- A normal ACE level cannot be sued to rule out sarcoidosis since sarcoidosis may be present without an elevated ACE level
- It may also be used to monitor the course of treatment in sarcoidosis. An initial high level which decreases over time usually indicates spontaneous or therapy induced remission and a favorable prognosis. On the other hand, a rising ACE level may indicate either the disease is not responding or it is progressing
Patient Concerns about Angiotensin Converting Enzyme
Frequently Asked Questions about Angiotensin Converting Enzyme
Q. Are there any other conditions except sarcoidosis which can lead to increased or decreased ACE levels?
Decreased ACE levels may also be seen in lung diseases like emphysema, hypothyroidism, starvation, steroid therapy. The levels may be moderately increased in hyperthyroidism, diabetes, alcoholic cirrhosis, lymphoma, tuberculosis, leprosy
Trident Diagnostics - A unit of Trident Diagnostics & Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. is a holistic healthcare centre built on the tenets of accuracy, accessibility and affordability, a vision that has enabled quality healthcare convenience to everyone. Our omnibus service includes laboratory and diagnostic testing, subject expert consultation and a fully equipped pharmacy. Our dynamic team of highly qualified clinical trial professionals cater to routine as well as critical diagnostic services, discharging professional responsibilities with highest sense of integrity.\r\nStrategically located in West Bengaluru, Trident Diagnostics is spread over a sprawling area of 5000 sqft, divided categorically into 3 floors. Our fully automated and bar coded laboratory boosts of state-of-the-art infrastructure equipped with cutting edge technologically precise lab and diagnostic equipment and practices. Our core focus areas include but not limited to clinical pathology, hematology, hormones and histopathology with imaging services in Radiology, Cardiology and Gynecology to name a few. We operate hub and spoke model for sample collection and our collection centres are fanned out across the city with many Lab-to-Lab tie-ups. We have a team of dedicated riders and phlebotomists and are capable of outstation sample collection with reporting. We also provide home sample collection for our customers with a simple booking procedure over the phone. We manage round-the-clock laboratory at Sri Rama Multi Specialty Hospital and Trauma Centre in Sunkadakatte and have tie up with leading insurance aggregators. The entire team at Trident Diagnostics work towards the sole motto \Sarve Janah Sukhino Bhavanthu\. We are dedicated to all the ethical and moral standards of Lab technology that help our doctors and patients to get accurate and precise reports at the minimum turnaround-time at a right value.
Available at Other Labs