Overview of Zinc, Serum
What is Zinc, Serum?
Why is Zinc, Serum done?
You should get a zinc test done when you observe these symptoms:
• Weakened immune systems owing to which the person suffers from common cold frequently
• Wounds that refuse to heal
• Impaired growth (in children)
• Loss of Appetite
• Impaired sense of taste and smell
Preparation for Zinc, Serum
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Zinc, Serum
Interpreting Zinc, Serum results
An adult man who is found to have less than 11 mg of zinc in his body is suffering from zinc deficiency. For women and children between 9 to 13 years, the average zinc content should be 8 mg, anything less than that denotes zinc deficiency. For infants between 7-12 months the average is 3 mg.