Test Results & Interpretations
This test is ordered if your doctor is suspecting that you are suffering from celiac disease or any kind of malabsorption. Symptoms of the celiac disease include chronic diarrhea, abdominal pain, greasy foul smelling stools, bloody stools, vomiting. Asymptomatic people may be tested if they have a close relative such as a parent or sibling with celiac disease.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms suggesting Celiac disease like abdominal pain, chronic diarrhea, fool smelling stools, vomiting, bloody stools. Other less common symptoms may be bone pains, easy bruising, iron deficiency anemia, weakness
- In children, this tests may be also be ordered if a child has short stature, delayed development, gastrointestinal symptoms
No special preparation required
- A positive anti tissue transglutaminase antibody IgA test usually indicates celiac disease
- A negative test usually means that symptoms are not likely due to celiac disease. If the person being tested has not consumed any gluten for several weeks or months prior to the test, then this test might be falsely negative
- All antibody tests for celiac disease are usually followed by a intestinal biopsy which is the gold standard for diagnosis of this condition
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does Celiac disease go away with time?
No, Celiac disease does not go away. Once you have been diagnosed, you will need to follow a gluten free diet for life.
Q. Can I have oats in my diet?
This is controversial since some practitioners say that oats should be avoided by those with celiac disease while others recommend having oats
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare isRead More
Excellent service and delivery in very short period. Highly impressive
Himadri Shekhar Das