Overview of Insulin - Random
What is Insulin - Random?
Insulin is produced by beta cells of the pancreas. It leads to Type 1 (IDDM) diabetes caused by Insulin deficiency & Type 2 (NIDDM) diabetes caused by insulin resistance. This assay is useful in the management of Diabetes. It is also used for diagnosing Insulinoma when used in conjunction with Proinsu-lin and C-peptide measurement.
The sample type collected for Insulin - Random is: Blood
Preparation for Insulin - Random
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Insulin - Random?
- To confirm the presence of insolin secreting tumours like insolinoma
- To confirm resistance to insolin hormone
- To monitor insolin levels in diabetics taking medicines or insolin injection
- If you have symptoms of low blood glucose levels like giddiness, sweating, palpitations, confusion, fainting and dryness of mouth.
What Results of Insulin - Random mean?
- High levels of insulin may be associared with insulin secreting tumors or excess medicines
- Low levels can be seen in pancreatic disease like pancreatitis, pancreatic tumor, diabetes
Patient Concerns about Insulin - Random
Frequently Asked Questions about Insulin - Random
Q. Can I do a home insulin test?
No, insulin test requires special instruments so, it can only be done in laboratories
Multi-specialty clinics by The Family Doctor were established with the objective to provide an elevated standard of healthcare to the entire family unit of grandparents, parents and their children. Presently operating in Bangalore and Pune, we are constantly trying to expand our horizon and extend our clinic services into patient homes. Our proximity to residences in the neighbourhood enable our clinics to provide Doctor visits and Nurse visits at home along with Home Nursing Care services. Our varied range of clinical services provides you with the assurance of quality healthcare while following a hassle-free procedure. Our clinics are your first stop to receiving care for your entire family. Apart from regular full time dedicated General Physicians, all the family doctor clinics have visiting specialists including Gynecologists, Pediatricians, Physiotherapists, Orthopedics, Dermatologists, Diabetologists, ENT specialists etc.Our emphasis is on providing comprehensive family care within a clean environment. A welcoming reception with private consultation rooms, a minor procedures room and the family pharma are part of every unit of the family doctor.