Overview of Glucose - Postprandial Urine
What is Glucose - Postprandial Urine?
This test is usually ordered to assess the presence of diabetes in a patient or for monitoring patients who are on anti diabetic medicines to see the response to treatment.
The sample type collected for Glucose - Postprandial Urine is: Urine
Preparation for Glucose - Postprandial Urine
- Blood sample is to be given 2 hours after the start of the meal.
Why Get Tested for Glucose - Postprandial Urine?
- If you have signs or symptoms of diabetes like excessive thirst, excessive hunger, excessive urine frequency, weight loss
- To monitor the glucose levels in diabetics for assessing kidney damage
- To assess effect of treatment in diabetics
What Results of Glucose - Postprandial Urine mean?
- The presence of glucose in urine is usually suggestive of diabetes
- The absence of glucose in urine usually means no diabetes
Multi-specialty clinics by The Family Doctor were established with the objective to provide an elevated standard of healthcare to the entire family unit of grandparents, parents and their children. Presently operating in Bangalore and Pune, we are constantly trying to expand our horizon and extend our clinic services into patient homes. Our proximity to residences in the neighbourhood enable our clinics to provide Doctor visits and Nurse visits at home along with Home Nursing Care services. Our varied range of clinical services provides you with the assurance of quality healthcare while following a hassle-free procedure. Our clinics are your first stop to receiving care for your entire family. Apart from regular full time dedicated General Physicians, all the family doctor clinics have visiting specialists including Gynecologists, Pediatricians, Physiotherapists, Orthopedics, Dermatologists, Diabetologists, ENT specialists etc.Our emphasis is on providing comprehensive family care within a clean environment. A welcoming reception with private consultation rooms, a minor procedures room and the family pharma are part of every unit of the family doctor.