Overview of Differential leucocyte Count
The sample type collected for Differential leucocyte Count is: Blood
Preparation for Differential leucocyte Count
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Differential leucocyte Count?
- As a part of complete blood count (CBC) or routine health examination
- If you have signs or symptoms of infection or inflammation like fever, chills, body aches, headaches
What Results of Differential leucocyte Count mean?
- High neutrophil count (neutrophilia) can be seen in acute bacterial infections, inflammation, burns while lower values (neutropenia) may be seen in aplastic anemia, autoimmune disorders, drug reactions or chemotherapy
- High lymphocyte count (lymphocytosis) may be seen in acute viral infections, tuberculosis, lymphocytic leukemia while lower values (lymphopenia) may be seen in bone marrow damage, aplastic anemia, autoimmune disorders
- High monocyte count (monocytosis) may be seen in chronic infections like tuberculosis, bacterial endocarditis, collagen vascular disorders, inflammatory bowel diseases while lower values may be seen in bone marrow damage
- High eosinophil count (eosinophilia) can be seen in asthma, allergies, drug reactions, parasitic infections, while lower levels are rare and medically insignificant
- High basophil count (basophilia) may be seen in chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) while lower levels are medically insignificant
Tests Included in Differential leucocyte Count(6 tests)
- Differential Eosinophil Count
- Differential Neutrophil Count
- Differential Monocyte Count
- Differential Granulocyte Count
- Differential Lymphocyte Count
Multi-specialty clinics by The Family Doctor were established with the objective to provide an elevated standard of healthcare to the entire family unit of grandparents, parents and their children. Presently operating in Bangalore and Pune, we are constantly trying to expand our horizon and extend our clinic services into patient homes. Our proximity to residences in the neighbourhood enable our clinics to provide Doctor visits and Nurse visits at home along with Home Nursing Care services. Our varied range of clinical services provides you with the assurance of quality healthcare while following a hassle-free procedure. Our clinics are your first stop to receiving care for your entire family. Apart from regular full time dedicated General Physicians, all the family doctor clinics have visiting specialists including Gynecologists, Pediatricians, Physiotherapists, Orthopedics, Dermatologists, Diabetologists, ENT specialists etc.Our emphasis is on providing comprehensive family care within a clean environment. A welcoming reception with private consultation rooms, a minor procedures room and the family pharma are part of every unit of the family doctor.