Overview of Creatinine Kinase
What is Creatinine Kinase?
A CK test may be ordered whenever muscle damage is suspected and at regular intervals to monitor for continued damage. It may be ordered when you have experienced physical trauma, such as crushing injuries or extensive burns or when you have symptoms associated with muscle injury such as muscle pain or weakness. Sometimes it may be ordered when a person has chest pain and a heart attack is suspected.
The sample type collected for Creatinine Kinase is: Blood
Preparation for Creatinine Kinase
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Creatinine Kinase?
- If you have symptoms of muscle injuries like muscle pain, weakness
- If you have experienced physical trauma like extensive burns, crush injuries
- If you are taking any drugs which can damage the muscles
- If you have chest pain and heart attack is suspected
What Results of Creatinine Kinase mean?
- A high Creatinine Kinase (CK) generally indicates that their has been recent muscle damage but does not indicate it's exact cause and location. Serial test results that peak and then begin to drop indicate that new muscle damage has diminished, while increasing or persistent elevations suggest continued damage
- Chest pain and increased CK levels indicate that it is likely that a person has recently had a heart attack
- Moderately increased levels may be seen after strenuous exercise, weight lifting
- Normal Ck levels indicate that their has been no muscle damage
Multi-specialty clinics by The Family Doctor were established with the objective to provide an elevated standard of healthcare to the entire family unit of grandparents, parents and their children. Presently operating in Bangalore and Pune, we are constantly trying to expand our horizon and extend our clinic services into patient homes. Our proximity to residences in the neighbourhood enable our clinics to provide Doctor visits and Nurse visits at home along with Home Nursing Care services. Our varied range of clinical services provides you with the assurance of quality healthcare while following a hassle-free procedure. Our clinics are your first stop to receiving care for your entire family. Apart from regular full time dedicated General Physicians, all the family doctor clinics have visiting specialists including Gynecologists, Pediatricians, Physiotherapists, Orthopedics, Dermatologists, Diabetologists, ENT specialists etc.Our emphasis is on providing comprehensive family care within a clean environment. A welcoming reception with private consultation rooms, a minor procedures room and the family pharma are part of every unit of the family doctor.
Available at Other Labs